This is derived from a recipe my Mum would have made us on Sunday mornings. It’s our customers’ favourite breakfast at Select Stores as its tasty, filling & light.
‘Eggcado’ Organic Chopped Boiled Eggs with ripe Avocado & chives
High in dietary fibre & essential fats.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 373
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 44g
Saturated Fat 8g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 6g
Monounsaturated Fat 27g
Total Carbohydrates 19g
Dietary Fiber 14g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 medium ripe peeled avocado
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Pinch of minced fresh chives
- 1 slice of Spelt Bread
- Boil water in medium saucepan until hot.
- Put eggs in saucepan in hot water for about 8 minutes until eggs hard boiled.
- Rinse boiled eggs in sieve under cold water then peel eggs quickly.
- Mash peeled boiled egg with oil and salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Add Avocado and mash away until roughly chunky smooth.
- Toast and slice Spelt bread into soldiers
- Sprinkle chopped chives on mashed egg
- Serve mashed egg in small cup and toast on plate beside.
- Contains Eggs & Gluten
Select Stores - Fuel Food: Award Winning Health Food Store, Dalkey, Dublin. http://selectstores.ie/2015/